Sunday, November 28, 2021

Buckeye Woods 50K Race Report

Yes, this is a real race report about a real race that I really ran. No, I didn't run the whole thing, but I did run... some of it. And here's what I have to say: it was a blast!

I'd been away much too long. Part of this is due to the pandemic, but it's mostly because of my surgery. So it was a special treat for me to see so many old friends out there running this fun event. It's an event that I started 11 years ago, and it's wonderful to see it still going strong.

Shuffling and walking, walking and shuffling, I made it to nine miles. That's easily a distance PR since the May surgery. I was talking with friends so much, I hardly notices the miles flying by. It was that much fun.

I just can't wait to become a real runner once again someday.




No comments: