I did something this morning that I haven't done in over a decade: I took a cold bath after my run. Now I'm sitting here shivering because I can't bring my body temperature back up to normal. That's okay; it goes with the territory. The training-for-a-big-one territory, that is. The "big one" is the Veteran's Marathon scheduled for November 1. You might say that I'm laser-focused on this race.
![]() |
| ASICS Sonicblast |
For today's interval workout, I wore my new ASICS Sonicblast shoes. They're considered lightweight training shoes designed for fast-paced workouts. I think they work. Today's Yasso 800s were faster than last week's run in normal shoes. Today, I averaged 3:57; better than that previous session by about ten seconds. I'd say I'm getting there.
It was a hard workout, and it came a day after some fartlek-ish running at Lake Medina with friends, and a day before some additional anticipated challenging running to take place up to and including the weekend. You can bet the farm on this: more stories will be forthcoming.
One more thing about yesterday's run. I made everyone stop at one point for a Dan Astronomy lesson. The stars have been bright lately, as they often are during this time of year. Cool, crisp days and nights help. But yesterday there was something even more special: a lunar eclipse of Jupiter, formally known as a lunar occultation, was unfolding before our eyes. It was pretty cool.
![]() |
| Here's a pic of what we saw, but I didn't take it. It also shows 4 of Jupiter's moons |


1 comment:
I noticed that occultation yesterday as well on my 5:15am run around Westlake. Gorgeous.
Post a Comment