Sunday, April 02, 2023

Somethin heavy hit me like an atomic bomb

Meanwhile back in the jungle
The boys in the jungle had me on the run
When something heavy hit me like an atomic bomb
When I woke up and my head started to clear
I had a strange feeling I was with cooking gear
I smelled something cookin' and I looked to see
That's when; I found out they was a cookin' me
Great Cuckoo let me outta here

These are some of the lyrics from Stranded in the Jungle, the 1950s song by the Cadets. That line, something heavy hit me like an atomic bomb was front and center in my mind as I started mile ten today. My companions had just finished, and I only had one more to go. 

Except that this one more mile would be one of the longest ever. I had had my Covid-19 booster yesterday (I think my 6th overall Covid shot), and I suppose the unexpected dizziness and soreness at this point in my run is the result. It was funny that it hit me so suddenly.

After practically walking that final mile, I drove home and took an ibuprofen. It's been a while since I've taken any Vitamin I at all, but now was the time. It helped.

No comments: