Friday, August 30, 2024

Ya so here's a clarification

There appears to be a misconception about Yassos. Some of my friends call any 800-meter segment a 'Yasso'. It's not. An 800 is an 800, and you can do as many or as few as you like. A Yasso is a type of workout where you do ten 800s at a certain pace, all in a single session. That pace is such that your average 800 is run in minutes and seconds what your marathon goal pace is in hours and minutes. For example, if your marathon goal is to finish in 3 hours, 45 minutes, your Yasso workout would consist of ten 800s at an average of 3 minutes, 45 seconds. I'm probably the one to blame for the incorrect use of the term. I need to explain myself more clearly.

Now that that's out of the way, how did today's Yasso workout go, you ask? Tedious (perhaps almost arduous), but all-in-all, not too awful, I answer.

Thank you for asking.

No comments: