Thursday, May 09, 2024

The good, the bad, and the slugly

The Good

It wasn't too long ago that I began to be concerned that my old Achilles tendonitis might be rearing its ugly head once again. Then I came up with a hopeful theory that the pain was entirely due to a callus that had developed on the incision scar. Today I am pleased to report that the callus remover appears to have worked. Part of the callus came off by itself after using the stuff. Doctor Debbie Horvath then took a scalpel to the rest of it. Now I use moleskin for some extra padding, but the pain is pretty much gone.

But wait, there's more good news. On occasion, I run fairly well. Not fantastic. Just pretty good. Better than a few weeks ago. Will it be good enough to run a good marathon next week? Nah. But maybe I'll be able to run a marathon next week. (Note the missing qualifier in that last sentence.)


The Bad

The coffee didn't work today. This is only the one-zillionth time for me. I started my run slow, and ...


The Slugly

And instead of getting into the groove, I only got sleepier and slower. They can't all be gems.

No comments: