Saturday, October 19, 2013

9:30 Now and Eventually a Wannabe

Two days in a row I got myself caffeined up, and then shot out that door. I was gonna get a fast start, and continue on to a fast overall run - something of substance - if it killed me.

After some lackadaisical running after returning from vacation, I did manage a decent speedwork session at the track on Tuesday. The yassos went well, and they sure felt fast. But then looking back in my log to just a few weeks earlier, they were somewhat slower.

All this was okay, I told myself. As long as I can eventually bounce back, there's no shame in having a few slow weeks. But how long is eventually?

For both days, that lightning-fast first mile came in at 9:30. Of course this is another case of, it felt faster. Much faster. For both days, I did get a little faster for subsequent miles, but not where I was; especially not where I want to be.

Hmmm. Wannabe. Maybe I'll get there eventually.

No comments:

It was dark in the park

It was dark in the park, Goes the snark remark. Today’s runner tried to be quick off the mark, But with the dark so stark, H...