Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Big Difference

Last year, I went several weeks early on without registering for any races whatsoever. Then, at the Medina County Road Runners Banquet, I won an entry to the Medina Half Marathon. Then, I went ahead and also registered for the Cleveland Marathon and the Green Jewel 50K. And, as faithful readers know, I went on to run several other half-marathons, marathons and ultras throughout the year.


This year, there's a Big Difference. I went several weeks early on without registering for any races whatsoever. Then, at the Medina County Road Runners Banquet, I won an entry to the Medina Half Marathon. Then, ...


The question is, what comes after the then. Each and every year, I say my goal is to run faster. I am well aware that the best way to do this is decidedly not to run ultras, or even marathons. The best way to run faster 10Ks and half-marathons is to work on my speed, not worry so much about mileage, and finally to actually run more 10Ks and half-marathons.


Will I?

No comments: