Saturday, September 01, 2018

Tale of Two Runs

It would have been three runs, but for the runs. Said runs were Thursday, just before my colonoscopy. If you are interested in all the details of the events leading to this procedure, as well as the procedure itself, please talk to me privately. I will share this, however. I had planned to run my usual Thursday ten-miler with running partner Michelle Wolff, even though I'd been going through the pre-procedure prep. Late Wednesday, realizing that I'd be "running" all night, I called off. What was I thinking?

Friday's run had been going just fine. Until the fall, that is. It had been a while, but these things happen when we least expect them. In this case, I was at dark North Park, and I was lucky that Michelle was there to scrape me off the asphalt. I was also lucky to have access to running water where I could clean out the road rash.

Today was the day for a long run. I ran with Michelle once again, but also several others who came and went. Although we started and finished on the Lester Rail Trail, we did most of the running in Medina. I (slowly) made it to 20, and the best part is that the final four miles were my best ones.

No comments: