Monday, December 31, 2018

2018 Year in Review

I ran a lot. The end.

~~~

Okay, since you asked, I will say a teensy bit more about 2018. It was half-way to pretty decent. Some further thoughts:

1) I won three races. Having not won a race since the 2008 Green Jewel 100K, this was something. Please don't ask how many runners had each of these races, because I'd have to tell you: 3 finishers, 1 finisher, and 7 finishers. But hey, a win's a win.

2) I did indeed run a lot of miles, Part 1: 3076.94 to be exact. That's the most since 2012. My 10.5 minutes per mile average pace was only slightly better than that of 2017 however.

3) I did indeed run a lot of miles, Part 2: In November, I made it to 100,000 lifetime miles. I am now working on that second hundred. They say the second one is easier.

4) I ran some lousy short stuff, some almost awful half-marathons, some okay marathons, and one pretty decent marathon: the Veterans Marathon in PA.

5) I did okay by winning my age group in one category and finishing second in another for the Ohio Challenge Series. Not that those races were all that good. It's just getting more sparce in my age group.

I could probably say more about myself. But don't worry; I'll stop. Except to say, here's a chart!

Weekly mileage for 2018


No comments: