Sunday, March 03, 2019

Those People Have Issues

“You see these people jogging around parking lots after their run to round up their miles. These people have issues.”

That was Connie Gardner.

Although I pretty much agree with this assessment, I must sheepishly admit to occasionally engaging in this activity myself. And yes, that’s what I am doing now: running around the Hinckley Spillway area parking lot as well as a little on the all-purpose trail. I need that half-mile to get my total up to fifty for the week. Never mind that:


  • Fifty is a pretty small number compared with my mileage a couple months ago, when sixty was the norm.
  • Although I’ve lost about half of the twelve pounds I brought home from the cruise, I’ve still got a way to go.
  • Today’s Hinckley nine actually seemed to go fairly well, after some slow miles in the beginning as well as that slow plod up the hills. All’s well that ends well. But it was the standing around and talking for twenty minutes in between the two runs – and getting cold in the process – that did me in.


There. I did it. Now I can go back to being issue-less.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have to agree with Connie on this one, Dan