Saturday, February 18, 2023

There's a fork in the road - should I take it?

I chose not to run a nearby half-marathon today. It would have been nice, I'm sure, but I'm still recovering from Tallassee.  I wouldn't have been at my best. And it was expensive. And it supported a charity that I'm not sure I want to support (a particular charter school). We pick and choose races and other things for all sorts of reasons. Some of the reasons actually make some sort of sense.

The Xenia Marathon is next on my list. It's a month and a half away, so I've got some time to prepare. I'm going to attempt to stay in the same shape I was in for Tallahassee.

Other than that, I've just signed up for the Medina Half-Marathon and the Cleveland Marathon, both of which are in May. And they both follow a significant birthday of mine. They also both follow a safari during which I may not be able to run much. Unless a lion is chasing me.


P.S. Hours after I registered for Cleveland and posted this, I learned that my Grandson has a concert that may conflict with that race. Such a conflict would disappoint me, but I'd have to go with the concert if it came down to it. More to come on this one.

No comments: