Tuesday, July 04, 2023

2023 Medina Twin SIzzler Race Report

The Sizzler sizzled today. It nearly never fails to live up to its name. It's also loads of fun each year, and once again, it didn't disappoint.

The 5K was fast like always. Of course, it could've been faster as far as I'm concerned. I ran it in 24:41; 7:57 pace. I suppose I'll take it.

The 10K was slow like always. Of course, it could've been slower. My time was 53:54, good for 8:40 pace. I suppose I'll take this one too.

Some fast old guy showed up and beat me in both races. I'll have to trip him up next time.

Julie and son Ben Boggs in the 10K, I am up ahead

The Twin Sizzler is one of those events where everyone knows your name. I love seeing the Square alive with activity and bumping into all of my friends, new and not quite so new. I'll be back again next year.



No comments: