Sunday, September 13, 2015

The Walls Were Built to Keep You In

This one from the Magnificent Seven has been another one of my all-time favorite movie lines. I’m not even entirely sure why I like it so much. It’s probably best not to over-analyze things. I know. With that in mind, I should quit blogging right now.

But don’t worry, I won’t.

More times than I can count, I’ve run the three miles over to the High School track, only to find it locked up tighter than (I was happy to see a website completely devoted to ‘tighter than’ sayings) an otter's pocket. But recently I’ve found a way to get underneath the fence, but the bad part about that is getting dirty or muddy in the process.

Yesterday I did the crawl, ran eight of my fourteen miles there, and then as it was getting light, discovered an open gate in a remote part of the track area. I would be able to get out without slithering! As I exited, I closed said gate, hoping anyone else coming by would think that it wouldn’t need to be locked.

It worked! It was open, so today I ran sixteen of my miles there. Yes, that’s a lot. Along with a smattering of a couple more with the grandkids and even two on the mill, I wound up with over twenty-five total. Add that to the weekly total of seventy for last week.


Yes, I’m taking this thing (the Fall 50) seriously. Next week starts the big push.

No comments:

It was dark in the park

It was dark in the park, Goes the snark remark. Today’s runner tried to be quick off the mark, But with the dark so stark, H...