Monday, November 02, 2020

Monday Madness: A Multitude of Marathon Maladies

My time for yesterday's two runs totaling 26.2 miles was 4:45. I think that's a personal worst time. But even if it had been a personal best, I still wouldn't be all that proud of it. For one thing, I stopped my watch in between the two runs, since I had to drive home to continue the run on the mill. Other than that, I'd been good about not stopping, even for my aid station or the long stop to change clothes. But another aspect I wasn't proud of was that it was all done on the track and the treadmill; not quite the same as a "real" marathon.  All that said, at least I got the mileage done.

What about my many maladies, you ask? Remember how I talked about my hip pointer pain and my Achilles pain and other foot pain? They're still there. But I was somehow working through my various aches and pains during yesterday's run, until the cold, driving rain hit. Then everything began to hurt more and more.

Where do I go from here? Darned if I know.

No comments: