Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Something of Extremely Slight Substance (SOESS)

Keen observers may have noted that in spite of everything, I'm still putting in the miles. The thing about those miles is (and this may astound you), they've been slow. Very slow. Today would be different. Or would it?

It's Tuesday. Track Tuesday. That means the Claggett Middle School Track, bright and early at 5:00 AM. A couple of days ago, my friend Shannon Barnes asked what today's track workout would entail. I responded by asking which one she hated most. She replied, "A ladder." So of course, a ladder it would be: 200/400/800/1200/800/400/200. 

A few of us actually did it. Unfortunately, I wasn't one of them. I did do most of it, but I wound up walking and talking and then I went home when the rain got harder. But. (You knew there would be a but.) When I got home, I got on the old mill and did a few more 400s.

Altogether, this was a decent amount of speedwork, enough to be considered... Something of Extremely Slight Substance.

No comments: