Saturday, September 24, 2005

Powerbars @ Four for a Buck

It's true. I bought 12 of them for three bucks at a Great Freight Store. Only one problem: the expiration date was July 16, 2005.

I think it was the same person who questioned why they have expiration dates on sour cream, but someone was wondering about what could happen to Powerbars if they expired. I guess I'm about to find out. By the way, Great Freight is a bit like Big Lots - lots of odds and ends of stuff. Some at very good prices. My training partner Dave clued me in to the possibility that they may have my long sought after Powerbars, and he was right.

Long sought after because I haven't been able to find them recently. I wanted to pack some for my Tahoe Trip. I've looked at supermarkets, drug stores and Kmarts, and no Powerbars or Cliff Bars. What's up with that? There were plently of protein and balance-type bars to be had.

By the way, Great Freight had any flavor you would want, as long as you like Banana Nut.

No comments: