Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Running in Madrid

03-03-07
For my last run before leaving, I did 15 in about 2:04. It was pretty steady - one of the better ones.

03-01-07
I went north again, and this time much farther into the open field area. I got onto some trails, but didn't do much of them because it was hard to see in the dark, and they were uneven. I went further north and west and made it to the university. Came back after 2 hours and finished with some faster stuff. 20 in 2:48. Not too bad for these days.

02-28-07
One of my worst runs of the trip. 6 in 54. But I did get some exploration done - Josechu had told me about a large open area to the north. I hadn't been able to find a way to get up there, but he showed me on a map. I did get up there, but not too far, and the traffic was starting to pick up, so I turned back.

02-27-07
Still tired, I only did about 8 in 66 minutes today. Going to try to do a longer run tomorrow.

02-26-07
We're back at our northern home. The running really isn't that bad here. I found a few trails and did 11 in 92.5.

02-24-07
Well this was a memorable run. We had moved to central Madrid, so I set out from there at 5:40am. Had to run around throngs of revelers from the previous night. Didn't like that. Had to run up and over a major construction area on a makeshift walkway. Didn't like that either. As I entered the park (Casa de Campo), I had to run the gauntlet through several prostitutes. Didn't like that too much. Then I finally found some nice trails to run on, but it was dark and scary. And there was *no one* around. I got lost. But I did thoroughly enjoy this part of the run. So yes, memorable is the word. Call it 16 miles in 2:21.

02-22-07
I was on my feet for 2 hours, fifty minutes, so I guess I can call it 20 miles. Most of it was pretty slow, but at least it was steady. Some nice areas here, some usual stark areas and some not-so-nice running along a highway.

02-21-07
Another run in Madrid. More of being dazed and confused in this strange area. More low traffic, wide streets, construction (of office buildings, apartment buildings) galore. After 25 miles of running this time and last, I have yet to find a park or a residential housing area. In fact, I haven't seen one single family home, period. Very strange. I'll call it 13 in 1:48.

02-19-07
Pretty nice 12 or so in 100 minutes here in Madrid. Although I've been here before, this is my first run here. Very wierd are here. Got lost a bit. I guess I'll get used to it.

No comments: