Monday, January 07, 2008

Home Runs

My plans had been to travel directly to Hungary from Florida. My plans changed. Now I'll have a couple days at home before heading out again.

On Monday, I managed to get another long run in - loops of 11, 6 and 3. The weather was unseasonably warm - mid 50s. Actually, it was warmer than several of my Florida runs. And I ran well. Very well - my best long run in quite a while. Strong and steady the whole way. My splits fot the above loops were: 92.5, 50.5 and 25 for an overall time of 2:48. Not bad.

I didn't sleep well on Monday night - the late OSU game didn't help. So I stuck to the mill for the first run. At least I made it a speed workout - 8 x 1200 @ 4:44 @ 0% elevation. I did really well for the first half of the run, but then had to hold on more and more. Later in the morning I went out for another run - 3 on the Presidents streets at 8 minute pace. Unbelievable weather - it's been in the 60s!

Now I'm about ready to go.

No comments: