Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Running in Portugal

Monday, 05-05
I really had to force myself, but I managed to get on the mill and do 3 miles. It wasn't easy on those extremely tired, sore legs and feet. But I actually felt better afterwards.

Tuesday, 05-06
I went over to the City University Park / Trail system. My legs were still tired and sore, but I sure needed to get moving. I've run here many times before - the longest route is 1.55 miles around the perimeter. There are other trails in the center. It's a nice run - I always enjoy it. The only thing is that one can get tired of doing so many multiple loops. I did 4, and then a bit more in the center for a total of 8 miles. Each loop was a bit faster, until I got down to 8 minute pace.

Wednesday, 05-07
Two goals today: get finished early because of an early (9am!) start at work, and also to do something of substance. Another problem is that for some reason it doesn't get light until later on in these parts and I didn't want to run around the park in the dark. So I hit the mill. I did 9 x 1200 at 4:45 for each. It wasn't a bad workout - I'm still sore, but I did fine.

Thursday, 05-08
Very slow going today. I'd hoped to feel good and do 12 or so, but I went so slow, I only had time for 10 (98 minutes!. The huge hills in Monsanto park were tough, but my legs were so tired that I couldn't get going in the flat areas after the hills were done. After running around Monsanto, I headed back to the University to do a couple more miles on those flat trails. Just didn't have it today. On the plus side, however, it was a beautiful run.

Friday, 05-09
Just 3 miles on the eliptical trainer. That's it for Portugal. Too bad I didn't have the ability to run more during this stay - it's such a great place to run.

But now it's on to Prague and then Bucharest.

No comments: