Saturday, April 18, 2009

Twenty-Four

Yes, it's the number of hours in a day. It's also the number of hours that will be run for the NorthCoast 24-Hour Endurance Run that I (along with several others) have been working so hard on. And it's official now: our run is also the U.S. 24-hour run national championship. For more, see the website: www.northcoast24.org.

And twenty-four is at least one other thing: it's the number of miles I ran today. This is a big deal for me after such a terrible winter of running. I believe it's my longest run in about 6 months.

With temperatures rising from the upper 30s to the lower 40s as the sun came up, conditions were perfect for a nice long run. The Lester Rail Trail was as pretty as always. I did 4 6-mile loops.

It was slow, but steady - most miles were between 8:30 and 9. The last few were a struggle, but I made it intact. Very encouraging.

1 comment:

Mr. Pythagoras said...

Congrats on getting both the National Championship and a long run under your belt for Rite Aid. I was getting a little worried! You should come out for the Thursday night trail runs in Hinckley. Good way to add some miles off pavement.

It was dark in the park

It was dark in the park, Goes the snark remark. Today’s runner tried to be quick off the mark, But with the dark so stark, H...