Saturday, October 12, 2019

Failure to Launch

Seven days ago, I'd planned to run 18 to 24 miles, and I only did 7. I suppose it was too soon (one week) after the Akron Marathon. But those 7 miles were so darn slow that they felt like 20. And they took nearly as much time as 20 would have. This was a real stinker; a true failure to launch.

Six days ago, I'd planned to run a full 9 prior to the usual Hinckley Sunday morning 9-miler. This meant 3 3's before the 9 at 6. Guess what? I did it. So I did manage to eek out a long run for the weekend. I felt a little better.

Today would be different, thought I. Today I'd do a long run, and it would be pretty. In the beginning however, it was starting to look, taste, and smell like last week's stinker. But I somehow got myself moving this time. In fact, my pace got better as the run went on.

This is not to say that the run was at a good pace; it wasn't. But at least the last few (of the twenty) were.

No comments: