Monday, February 10, 2020

That Ends Well

You've heard it here before: all's well that ends well. Such was the case with the last two races: the Tallahassee Marathon and the Valentine's 8K. And such was the case with several of my recent mid-week runs, including the one to Camp Helen; in several cases I started really, really slowly, but managed to pull it together for the second half of the run.

But not always, I've had some stinkers as well. Yesterday I was going to try to do a long run, but I started super slow and only got slower. I only wound up with around eight lousy miles. This, in roughly the time it should have taken to do twice that far.

Today I would try again, Retirement is nice; I have the time to try, try again (to run long) even during the middle of the week.

It would be three six-mile loops. I started slowly once again. GI issues caused me to run at only 12-minute pace for that first lap. The second was only slightly better at 11-minutes per mile. Finally, the third was a charm at sub-60 minutes.

So this run did indeed end well. It's good when that happens.

No comments: