Friday, December 31, 2021

2021: A very good year


Yes, 2021 was a very good year indeed... not. It truly wasn't much to speak of. I ran only a fraction of the usual miles due to my Achilles surgery, and the miles I did run were the slowest ever. And yet, there is some good news. Allow me to enumerate it.

I am running again!
I am running more and better than I was just a few short weeks ago.
I am running mostly pain-free (I think I'm glad I had the surgery. I think.)
It's good to be with my running friends again.

And I believe that's about it. But it's something, and after being out for several months, it feels really good.

Okay, here are the numbers. I'm not proud of them, but I feel the need to report them. Don't ask why.

Total distance: 1,280.04 miles (I'm surprised it was this many, but most were before my May surgery. Also, it's the fewest annual miles since 1987!)
Average pace: 11:53 per mile (My slowest ever by far, yet I'm surprised it wasn't even slower)
Races: Only 2, the Brunswick Marathon and the Boston 2.1 Half (That's it! I also started the Buckeye Woods run.)

I'm hopeful that 2022 will be better. 

Happy New Year!



No comments: