Friday, July 08, 2022

Lost on the one road through Rock Creek Parkway

There's one road through Rock Creek, and I got lost on it.

We spent a couple days in D.C. with the grandkids. Stayed in nearby Silver Spring, MD. One day, I ran to Rock Creek Park and back, and the next day, I managed to get into the park to continue the run a bit. 

The road itself is closed in parts to allow non-vehicular traffic to enjoy itself. I did. Then I got to the Rock Creek Trail, a paved trail that goes on quite a way. After turning around, I came back to the trailhead and promptly got lost. This was on the one road that went by. I guess I went the wrong way; I had to turn back after a while and go back the other way.

Other than my confusion, it's nice running through there. I think I've run the Rock Creek Parkway years ago, but it was probably a different part. Oh and by the way: most of my run was along Rock Creek. After hearing this babbling brook for a while I managed to get a glimpse later on. It's a creek with some rocks in it.

No comments: