Thursday, November 24, 2022

Medina Turkey Chase 4-Mile Race Report

It's the first annual turkey trot race here in Medina and 'twas tons of fun. Everyone who's anyone was there on the Square.

Pumpkin pies went to the first 50 gobblers and the top 50 hens. I managed to not win one (I was 63rd). There was also a raffle for running shoes for anyone who outran the turkey today. I did beat it, but alas; no shoes either, The race did not include any age group awards, so I was out of luck here as well. I did, however, come away with some good memories of a nice race.

It was a picture-perfect late-November morning in Medina: cool, but warming up with the rising sun. After the first two downhill miles, I had hopes of keeping my overall time under 32 minutes. Alas, this wasn't to be, either. I slowed down a little for mile 3, and then a lot for majorly uphill mile 4. Still, 32:10 or so seems like a good finish time, so I will take it.

Now, it's time for some premeditated gluttony.



No comments: