Monday, August 15, 2016

Meatier Meteors

Every year at about this time, the Earth passes through the tail of Comet Swift-Tuttle, resulting in the Perseid Meteor Shower. This year forecast called for more shooting stars than usual, hence the title of this post. Every year I go out for my early morning runs, watching the sky, hoping to see some of the stars shoot. More often than not, I see few to none.


This year, in spite of the predicted meatiness, there were none. It didn't help that it was cloudy and raining for some of the days. Two things of note did happen, however.


First Thing of Note: During one of the cloudless moments, I did spot Orion rising for the first time of the season. This is always how I know that Fall is coming. And with this summer being as hot as it's been, that can't happen soon enough.


Second Thing of Note: I ran a fair amount, and much of it was with my old training buddies, Michelle Wolff and Debbie Scheel. It was nearly like old times, only slower - for all of us. Yes, we've all got our little injuries that we're battling.

No comments: