Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Ouch Again

The days spent running have become fewer and farther between lately. Following doctor's orders, I cross-trained (swimming) for about a month, and then started to run (very gradually and gingerly) again. The pain had subsided, although I know I wasn't completely cured. I did some four-milers, and I don't think I re-injured myself. Re-injury is something that I had managed to do a lot of when I was training harder, not so long ago.


I gradually increased the mileage of my runs, getting up to seven, then ten miles. Even then, I was generally not running on consecutive days. But this past weekend I ran about ten one day, and nine the next. Guess what happened? If you said, Dan, I bet you re-injured yourself, then ding, ding, ding -> you get the prize!


If only I knew how to run without pain. Maybe some day I will learn.







No comments:

It was dark in the park

It was dark in the park, Goes the snark remark. Today’s runner tried to be quick off the mark, But with the dark so stark, H...