Thursday, July 18, 2019

Physical Well Being Update

Not long ago, I posted that Things were going a little too good, and of course, something bad had to happen: in this case, a knee injury. Here's the latest.

Last week, I took four days off in a row. This is highly unusual. I did run a long one over the weekend as I started back up. The knee still hurt at that time, but perhaps not quite so much. By the way, I'd stopped wearing the Kinesio tape on my Achilles; only on my knee. And also by the way, my Achilles has been pretty darn good lately, even sans tape.

Although the knee pain seemed to be slowly improving, imagine my surprise when I awoke to no pain at all yesterday. I ran my usual ten miles, and still no pain. So my current state is: Achilles: 90%, Knee: 85%.

Based on all this optimism, you can probably guess what time it is. Time to do something really and truly stupid. Like, try to run 50 kilometers (or so) in the heat this Sunday.

No comments: