Thursday, July 04, 2019

Twin Sizzler 2019 Edition

For the life of me, I don't know why I don't do these races every single year. It's such a lot of fun. Oh yeah. now I remember. It's because it's always so darn hot!

MCRR Friends before the start


First the Fun Part: All my old and not quite so old friends were there. It's just great to see everyone and to catch up on new and old running stories. Another fun thing is the Medina Square. It's just buzzing with activity. What a great place. And then there are the races themselves. The 5K is usually fast, and the 10 is usually hot as Hades. This brings me to the....


Now the So Darn Hot Part: Although it's early, the 5K itself was Hot, Hot, Hot this year, and I suffered mightily. The 10K, coming at 9:00, was even hotter. Harold Dravenstott and I ran the first two miles at an easy pace, and this was a really good thing. Even though I couldn't catch Theresa Wright, I felt better for the middle and late miles.

Harold Dravenstott thought he could sneak up on me. Who won? Depends on the camera angle!
I somehow won my So-Old-They-Shouldn't-Even-Have-This-Category-Anymore Age Group for both races.



Me with my two first place medals

1 comment:

Zman said...

Nice win. Reminds me of the first bowling trophy I won, 2nd place in a 2 person Saturday morning league at Silverstro's Lanes.