Tuesday, January 05, 2021

Something of Slight Substance and the Tale of Two Tracks

One track just isn't enough for me. It's actually been about two months (since I've been to any track at all), and I'd been in danger of yet another failure to launch. But no. After seven (yes, seven) miles of warmup, I'm finally moving. I decide as I'm going that I'll do four-ish 800 repeats, rather than a 1600, a tempo trot, or anything else. I don't know why - maybe because it's about all I have time for. But another decision must be made, and fast: which lane is best?

Half the track is covered with goose poop. I hadn't noticed it earlier, because it was dark. In the meantime, I'd gone over to the Medina High School track for a few before returning here to Claggett Middle School to get serious. Also in the meantime, it's gotten light. This is taking way too long. Back to the decision: lane four seems to be the most goose poop free. I head over there for the backstretch and parts of the turns. I do this for each of the repeats.

I get my four 800s in, and it actually felt good. Maybe I can build on this. 

Maybe.





No comments: