Saturday, January 30, 2021

Aren't you afraid your lungs will freeze?

This one ranks right up there with, "I get tired just driving that far!" and, "Your knees will wear out!" The come-back, of course, is, "That might happen, but there are plenty of other body parts that will freeze first." By this, I'm considering the ones protected by the two pairs of undies with the extra insulation in the front.

6F. Been a while since it was this cold for one of my runs. The most recent one I can remember is the 2018 Landis Loonies Marathon, where it was in the neighborhood of 3F, with a godawful wind chill. I'm happy to report that there was no wind this morning. In fact, I saw the moon and stars for a change.

I could have stayed on the mill. I did yesterday, to the tune of 19 miles, and I've been doing so for roughly half of my runs this winter. But today, I was going out no matter what. I get that attitude after a couple consecutive mill days.

It wasn't a particularly great run. But it was better than the alternative. Best of all, it's done.

No comments: