Tuesday, February 02, 2021

Is Today the Day?

The last time I missed a day of running was April 2, 2020. Today would be the day this streak ends. Or would it? Some considerations:

The coffee didn't work. I've had other days where that's the case, but I still managed to run those times. Today I feel particularly uncaffeinated.

It's cold outside. I know. I could do the mill. But I did that yesterday, and once consecutive mill-day is enough. Nope, it's outside or nuthin.

It's snowy outside. See the response on the line above.

I just don't wanna run. Now that's a little new. The 'ole motivation has been on the low side for the past month or two. But I don't know whether it's actually been this bad. Ever.


.....


In spite of it all, I don my Gore-Tex, my several other layers, my hat and gloves, my trail shoes, etc. and I waddle out for a couple awful miles in the snow and the cold.

The streak lives. For another day, at least.

No comments: