Wednesday, February 24, 2021

What Now?

I make it across 303. Now what?

It's not all that trivial. Snow has been banked up on the side of the roads so much that there's little room on the berms. That's important on such a busy road, especially at rush hour. This is not to mention that the sidewalks are completely impassible. Because of all these continuing safety issues, I hadn't made it out of my subdivision for a couple of weeks. When I venture outside at all, I usually just go round and round and round and round.

But for today's run, I did make it across, when rush hour hadn't yet come into full bloom. Now I'm attempting the return when it is. It's nice to have some decently warm weather for a change. I'm also wearing shorts for perhaps the first time this year. Been a tough one, all right.

I stay off to the side of the road long enough to turn into my subdivision, where I feel much safer. Besides the weather and finally breaking out of the sub, today's run wasn't a good one. Maybe that's okay. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Maybe.

No comments: