Friday, February 12, 2021

You Can Go Farther

Perhaps you've heard this from me before. Too bad; you're going to hear it again.

Back in my dating days, I took my girl down to Akron, where we parked and began making out. After a while, she said, "You can go farther." So I took her to Canton.

Today was my day for a long run. I could have tried to do it outside, but even though I do still get out occasionally, it's tough to run for long in such extreme temperatures and snow. Pick a day without extreme temperatures and snow, you say? Well, there aren't any of those. At least not since December.

Thus, it would be another long run on the mill. Last week I managed to get 20 in whilst watching The Gentlemen. Today's movie would be Mank. It turns out that neither movie was very good, but they were barely decent enough to help me pass the time. 

More importantly, last week's long run was half-way decent, and I even finished at a decent pace. Not so today. I was fairly well shot by about mile 12. After struggling for 6 1/2 more, I had had it and called it quits. 

So you see, I really couldn't have gone farther. I can only hope that this is only a minor and temporary setback.


No comments: