Thursday, May 19, 2022

It's the friction, stupid

When I first ran after the accident, I thought it was the bouncing of the boobs that bothered me. It wasn't. Instead, it was the friction.

Once I figured this out, I've managed to run shirtless a couple of times (with the added bonus of being able to show my chest off to my running friends), and shirt-wearing, and even sporting multiple layers other times. This is Northern Ohio, after all, where we go from air-conditioning to running the furnace during any given 24-hour period. When choosing a shirt on the cooler days, I look for something slightly soft, so that I don't feel it on my left nipple each time my foot hits the ground.

Running with friends helps. After any and all initial conversation and silliness, my misfortune is often soon forgotten, and all I need to do is keep up with everyone else. And since our groups have been getting bigger recently, the runs are as much fun as ever. 

Now, I believe that my setback has been overcome, and I have indeed "bounced back." 

Again.

No comments: