Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Yesterday's Run - 2005-12-05

Although my legs were sore from Sunday's snow/slush run, I had high hopes of doing some gentle speedwork on the dreadmill. Since it was to be so cold in MSP, I didn't even take my outdoor running gear. Nope, two decent dreadmill runs would be fine for me.

Since my legs were sore, I took some ibuprofen Sunday - the first in months. Even when I was in decent shape in late summer/fall, I wasn't taking it, except possibly very little once in a great while. Don't know if this had anything to do with my calamity, but you never know.

What was my calamity? My right calf was sore and tight as I got started. Exactly one mile into the run, it snapped. LOTS of pain, all of a sudden. I knew it was a pulled muscle right away. I did get on the elliptical trainer to do some more, but I knew I was done.

Now it hurts even to walk. I'll be out for a while.

No comments:

It was dark in the park

It was dark in the park, Goes the snark remark. Today’s runner tried to be quick off the mark, But with the dark so stark, H...