Saturday, February 21, 2009

Details About my Colonoscopy

Just kidding - I'll spare everyone. But I will say that the preparation was worse than the actual event. Juma Ikanga is credited with saying, "the will to win is nothing without the will to prepare." I could probably change that around somehow to fit my experience of yesterday, but I'll spare everyone.

Oh, just one more thing. The results were negative. Just like when I went in for that brainscan - the results were negative that time too.

All of which brings me to today's run in Broadview Heights with Amy and Dave. I had to explain that the back/leg problems made me forget about the foot problem, the rib problem (from the fall) made me forget about the leg/back problems and now preparing for the colonoscopy made me forget about the ole ribs. Not that those other problems have completely gone away, mind you - they're still there. Just not at the top of my brain's priorities..

It was the first time I had run, or done anything at all, for a week. And my side still hurts - it's just that I couldn't stand to not run any more. I managed to keep up for an hour twenty-five or so. Just happy to be able to run at all.

On top of everything else, I'm now fighting off a cold (using Zicam). Must've been one of the nurses. Really.

1 comment:

Clifford Running said...

Working tomorrow, about 9 people scheduled for the group run. Rest up, we're only a couple weeks out from the 1st Subway race. Talk to you soon

It was dark in the park

It was dark in the park, Goes the snark remark. Today’s runner tried to be quick off the mark, But with the dark so stark, H...