Monday, February 09, 2009

In the UK Again


I'm back again. They're going to keep having me return until I get it right.


Upon arrival, I was dead tired as usual. But, also as usual, I had most of the day free, so I forced myself to drive out to Stonehenge. It's about an hour and a half from where I'm staying.


This are some pretty awesome rocks. I learned the entire history of the place: how the henge was rebuilt twice between 3000 BC and 1800 BC. About where the rocks came from (hundreds of miles away), and how they may have been erected. I also learned about the special location of some of the rocks to commemorate summer and winter solstice.


There was still plenty of snow around from Britain's now famous recent rare snowstorm. It's supposed to snow again in a couple days. Driving may get even more challenging.
Back to the henge, the place is mostly just wierd. Kind of erie. Even the wide-open general location is quite erie. I thought it was interesting that the narator on the ear-phone thought so too.
For more pictures and for other general travel information, see the travel blog. It is at http://horvathstravels.blogspot.com

No comments: