Friday, October 09, 2020

Running in Michiana

Don't blame me for coining the word, Michiana; people around here (Michigan City, IN, which is very close to the border), seem to use it regularly. We stayed in Michigan City in order to visit Indiana Dunes National Park. I ran over that way, but couldn't quite get there. Unfortunately, the running around here really wasn't the greatest; dark semi-rural roads that nevertheless had some fast-moving vehicles.

Had I been able to get over to the waterfront, things may have gotten better, running wise. I did eventually find some sidewalks and even some (safer) neighborhoods to run through. Unfortunately for my two runs there, it was too little, too late. There was one interesting find that I will describe in a separate post.

The Traverse City (we stayed there to visit Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore) running was different. I was lucky enough to find a bike path to run on right away. I ran the 3-4 miles down to the bayshore in order to follow other paths along the waterfront. This running was great, despite the traffic wizzing by at five-thirty in the morning. I can say that I thoroughly did enjoy these runs.

For a description of the trip, see my travel blog post.

No comments: