Tuesday, October 20, 2020

A Few More Marathon Thoughts

Yes, I'm still re-living Sunday's little marathon. It was originally going to be a final tune-up for the Northern Ohio Marathon, which takes place in two weeks on November 1. But when I saw the weather and the course (and not to mention the beer bet), I decided to go for it. As it turned out, I ran as well as I think I could. 

And don't get me wrong. I am pretty happy with my 3:49 time. The best part about it is that I held my pace and finished strong. That makes for an enjoyable experience. I wrote about this in another recent post.

But. 

My best marathon time in 2017 was 3:43. In 2018, it was 3:46. Last year I did 3:48. Now that I'm a minute slower than that, I may have to admit that I'm slowing down... Some more.

I do now have that double or nothing beer bet with Deb Horn for Northern Ohio. Will I be able to run well at all again after this one?

Much of the soreness and fatigue is finally going away. So now that I have a week and a half to train, what should I do?

No comments: