Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Better than DNF

What's better than a DNF? Why, at this point in my long and varied running career, I can say with confidence that I know of at least one thing that's better: a DNS. I mentioned this possibility (for the 56th ORRRC Marathon in faraway Xenia, OH, scheduled for April 2) in a recent post. Then, I wasn't so sure. Now, I am.

It's not that I'm injured or anything. I can't even blame my lack of fitness entirely on the crappy weather, even though I would like to. No, it's still that motivation thing that's been holding me back. As it is, I'm just trying to maintain my fitness rather than increase it at all. And I'm not even doing so great at that.

But Spring has just arrived. And with it, eternal hope. 

Maybe I'll really get going now. Or maybe not.

No comments: