Wednesday, March 15, 2023

To DNS or ?

A while back, I registered for the 56th ORRRC Marathon in faraway Xenia, OH, scheduled for April 2. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Having completed Tallahassee a month and a half ago, I could only get better, no?

No. After Tallahassee, I kept on running, but I did take it very easy for a while. Easier than usual, even for a major effort. Just as I did eventually get my mileage and intensity back to nearly where they had been, it was time to travel back home from Florida. That's okay, I thought. I can just continue my fitness ramp-up. That's where I've had some trouble.

The trip itself caused me to curtail my running just a bit, but I thought I'd pick things back up right away afterward. And I did, at first. It's only lately that things have really gone downhill. I'd like to blame the awful weather (and running on the treadmill, which is of course, related) but I think I just have to admit that it's mostly motivation. Yes, the M word.

So Xenia is looking more and more like it will be a DNS. 

Stay tuned for further updates.

No comments: