Friday, March 10, 2023

Yes, THAT Achilles

I'd been in denial. But I had to admit it last night: my Achilles tendon is aching. Yes, it's that one. The one that I had repaired two years ago. The one that had been otherwise pain-free since then. The one that I thought would never act up again.

The pain has been going on for a week or so. Coincidentally (or maybe not), that's when we got back into Ohio. And of course, that's when I resumed running in cold, Ohio weather.

So what to do? Something I've never been very good at: backing off when it's called for. And of course this is one of those times. The thing is, in the week we've been back from Florida, I've intended to run long nearly each of those days. It just hasn't been able to happen, and it certainly wasn't going to today. 

But I did manage to run a little on the mill (it's snowing and cold outside). And it (the pain) wasn't awful. That makes fifty miles for the week so far. Will I make it back up to seventy?

Dunno. Ask me tomorrow. First I've got to get to fifty-one.

No comments: