Monday, June 23, 2008

Running in the Shadow of the Rainbow

The sun was just rising, but clouds were forming in the west. Before long, a rainbow began to appear. Even as the sun began to shine, the rain began to fall, and the rainbow became brighter and brighter. Soon the rain was pouring, but the rainbow remained. It was so bright that it was double, with additional, lighter rainbows inside the big one. It seemed almost bright enough to cast a shadow. It remained with me for over a half hour.

This all occured during my soggy speed session this morning. I managed to do seven 1600's. This isn't quite up to my goal of eight, but I'm happy to have done more than I have in a while. They were pretty steady too. Difficult, but steady. I averaged 6:35. Took several breaks too. Altogether I manged 12 in 93.

At least I'm seeing progress.

No comments: