Sunday, December 07, 2008

Week of December 7, 2008

Sunday: I was more tired than I should've been. There was more snow and cold outside, so I just stumbled through 6 miles on the mill. Then, after shoveling, I did shuffle through one more mile outside.

Monday: Determined to do a long one on the mill, I got on and did 24, generally at 7:30 pace, finishing at 8am.. It wasn't nearly as good a run as it sounds however. I was trying to do 8 miles each hour so that I could finish at a decently early time. The first 16 were fine, but those last 8 - yechh. I'm happy that I did finish this one, but I've got a very long way to go. I was pretty darn sore for the rest of the day.

Tuesday: I took some Aleve yesterday, and felt pretty good today. So I had a slow, but decent 9-mile run in the morning. The relatively warm - 40s - weather helped. We'll see how I am for tonight's "speedwork".

In the evening I did hit the track. Patrick, Frank and Dan were there, and we did four 800s in the driving light rain. It felt good to run fast on the track after several weeks of snow and ice. I don't think I could've done too many more however. My times were: 3:05, 3:07, 3:04, 3:08.

Wednesday: It's hard to imagine being more sore, but I wanted to get some miles in, and managed (barely) to get 5 in on the mill before my physical.

Thursday: I felt slightly better, but had an early meeting and did 4 at lunch at 8:20 pace. Felt like I was running through jello, but I'll take it.

Saturday: After running a bit before the rest of the bunch, I met up with the MCRR folks at Panera and ran over to and through Reagan Park and back. I'll call it 8 miles total. This was the first time I met up with so many MCRR folks, and I'm glad I did. This was a fun event; now I've got to try harder to get to the regular meetings.

No comments: