Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Committed

With all my travels this year, it's been tough to plan for any races. The best option, I recon, is to plan for something in the near future when I'm fairly sure that I'll be in town. So I did some research and came up with the Green Lakes Endurance Run 100k, in Fayettville (near Syracuse) NY. The event is August 30.

Holy cow. Did I say, 100k? That's a long way. And did I say August 30? That's 2 1/2 weeks away! I'd better start training.

I'm going to have to get a 30-mile training run in sometime this week. Looks like the best day will be Thursday. Stay tuned.

Yesterday I ran 6 on our subdivision trails in the morning and then had a very good track workout with the gang. I averaged 3:05 for my 800s, and even did two of them under 3 minutes. That's way better than what I've been doing. Been losing some weight, so maybe that's helping. Or maybe it's just that all the hard work is finally paying off.

Today I ran an easy 4 miles to loosen up. Tomorrow is the big test.

No comments:

It was dark in the park

It was dark in the park, Goes the snark remark. Today’s runner tried to be quick off the mark, But with the dark so stark, H...