Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Pause

By the title, Pause, I mean that this upcoming race *gives me pause*. The upcoming race, the Green Lakes Endurance Run of 100k ought to give anyone pause. But after those two 30-mile training runs, I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be. The race is this coming Sunday.

I ran the Wooster Heart and Sole half marathon with the Medina gang on Saturday and had a blast. Not one of my greatest (excuses include 7 hours in the car the previous night and catching a cold - both related to a visit to Michigan), but I was still happy with it. I ran with Rachel and Ladd for much of the race, but they pulled away in the final miles. Even so, I ran very negative splits including the final 5k in under 21 minutes, and this made it all fun. Finished in 95:59 according to my watch.

After taking Sunday off, I ran 3 times Monday and twice on Tuesday including a decent but not great speedwork session. Today I did the familiar old 11-mile course.

My cold is mostly better and my weight is back down. Best news of all is that it looks like it may be cool for Sunday's race.

1 comment:

Clifford Running said...

Good luck Sunday Dan, I'll be thinking about you while we're running our short 18 mile run. I can't wait to hear the details.

It was dark in the park

It was dark in the park, Goes the snark remark. Today’s runner tried to be quick off the mark, But with the dark so stark, H...