Saturday, August 01, 2020

Day 93: Eat and Run

On today's menu was an eclectic selection of gummies, a couple berries, and a bug. It isn't easy to eat whilst running, but I am up to the task.

The gummies were organic and intended for the grandkids. They don't like them, so Grandpa is happy to use them as runner food. And guess what? They work. Twice I stopped to get some during today's long Lester Rail Trail run. The first time I managed to eat the little things and keep running. The second time my hands and brain were a little shaky, so the ingestion wasn't quite so smooth, and I even lost a couple that fell. But I still ate them and ran. Both times, I seemed to run better after I got them inside me.

The blackberries weren't too plentiful, but they made a nice diversion, although a short one.

Then came the bug. It didn't stop along the way; it just traveled directly to the back of my throat, causing me to immediately cough and choke. I must have been running with my mouth open. Again. Luckily, it was a small one.

The run started poorly, but gradually got better. It's always nice to finish strong.

No comments: