Thursday, December 17, 2020

Enough Negativity

Of course, there's good negativity and there's bad negativity. The bad negativity is occurring during this morning's run, just as it has for the last 800 or so previous runs.

For a lot of those other ones, I couldn't even make it outside, opting instead for a slog on the dreadmill. But today, I'm out, and I should be reveling in the conditions: nice and quiet, snow (but not too much), and cold (but not too much). It ought to be simply wonderful for this run, but it's not.

I wish I knew why. I'm just not woke, despite the couple cups of coffee. Besides being tired, I'm kinda sore and beat up, even though I shouldn't be. I'd be more concerned if this feeling wasn't so normal these days. Part of it, I'm sure, is related to whatever happened to me last week (it may have been a sinus condition related to the surgery). Part of it, I'm also sure, is that I miss my running friends.

Now I'd dang well better start my training for the Brunswick Marathon.

No comments: