Friday, May 26, 2023

Just the Half

Notice my use of the 'J' word. It's a required qualifier for any reference to such a distance. Don't ask me why. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that if you wear the shirt that you just acquired for a race during that race, this makes you the nerdiest, most unsophisticated newbie runner ever. Or maybe it's the problem that if you're a man who gets beaten (in a race, that is) by a woman, it's fine, unless you're the first man, and you're beaten by a woman because in this case, you've been chicked

The just Half that I'm doing is tomorrow's Medina Half Marathon. Since the Cleveland Marathon (no qualifier here) is only five brief days in my past, this Half may be slightly more of a challenge than it would've otherwise been. Because of this, I'm not looking to set the world on fire. But a nice, solid effort would be nice.

Wouldn't it?


No comments: